Welcome to JacKris Publishing! We specialize in providing spelling, grammar, and writing curricula to educators of all types who wish to strengthen their students' mastery of spelling and vocabulary, English grammar, and traditional writing techniques. Our books are written in a manner that makes them appropriate regardless of one's religious beliefs or affiliations. We look forward to partnering with you to bring out the very best in your students! Click on the item names below to find out more about our curricula. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. As always, we appreciate your feedback as we constantly strive to better our products. Click here for an important update concerning Growing With Grammar.
Growing With Grammar This grammar course includes 8 separate grades (levels) that excel in teaching grammar rules and grammar usage. Here's how we do it.
1. Each grammar book teaches the basics of grammar in a way that is age- appropriate for the level.
2. Each grammar book also teaches advanced grammar concepts that are age- appropriate for the level.
3. Each grammar book briefly reviews the advanced concepts taught in prior levels.
4. Sentence diagramming is taught beginning in Level 3. We believe sentence diagramming is a great tool which assists the student in actually understanding the parts of speech and how they relate to each other.
5. Each Student Workbook contains lessons that reinforce concepts in teaching grammar that are appropriate for the level.
6. Each level also contains plenty of review to reinforce the concepts taught in that level.
7. In our grammar course, the answer keys for all levels are separate from the Student Workbook. This makes our program ideal for any setting where the teacher is promoting independent study. In fact, one of the best compliments we have received from the users of Growing With Grammar is that this program is so easy to understand that many students routinely complete their assignments with little intervention from their teacher.
8. All books in this grammar course are spiral bound, which enables them to lie completely flat while opened.
By the time the student has completed level 8 of the series, he has had comprehensive exposure to the basics of grammar. He has also been exposed to numerous advanced grammar concepts throughout the series. After completing the series, the student should have obtained a firm grasp on English grammar.
Soaring with Spelling and Vocabulary This spelling program includes 8 separate grades (levels) that excel in teaching spelling and vocabulary. Here's how we do it.
1. The spelling and vocabulary worksheets in Level 1 start with a gentler approach by introducing the student to simple one and two-syllable list words for each lesson. The list words for the Level 1 spelling worksheets demonstrate simple long and short vowel sounds, as well as an introduction to vowel and consonant blends. The complexity of the list words and the concepts they cover become more difficult as the Levels progress.
2. The spelling worksheets in each lesson also include the definition for each list word. These vocabulary definitions are used in the exercises in the spelling and vocabulary worksheets for that week.
3. Our spelling books contain fun games that are age appropriate.
4. Each spelling book lesson in each level contains a bit of writing such as writing the list words, copying a sentence, or writing the definition for a list word.
5. There is a review lesson after every five lessons in each level, which acts as a review for the previous five lessons.
6. The answer keys for our spelling program are separate from the spelling worksheets. This makes our program ideal for teaching spelling where the teacher is promoting independent study.
7. All books in this spelling and vocabulary program are spiral bound, which enables them to lie completely flat while opened.
Winning With Writing This writing course includes 8 separate grades (levels) that excel in teaching writing techniques. Here's how we do it.
1. Each writing book teaches the basics of writing in a way that is age-appropriate for the level.
2. This program covers numerous types of writings, such as essays and research papers.
3. This program teaches a student how to organize and outline his thoughts for a writing project.
4. Enough space is provided within each book for the student to complete the writing assignments.
5. The answer keys for all levels are separate from the workbook. This makes our program ideal for any setting where the teacher is promoting independent study.
6. All books in this writing course are spiral bound, which enables them to lie completely flat while opened.
By the time the student has completed level 8 of the series, he has had comprehensive exposure to many different types of writing and should be a well- organized writer with the confidence to tackle any writing project.
We are pleased to announce the release of our newest publication, Digging Into Diagramming. Digging Into Diagramming is a single workbook that teaches all aspects of sentence diagramming. This workbook also provides student lessons for each diagramming concept taught. Digging Into Diagramming is meant to be used as an optional supplement along with levels 3-8 of Growing With Grammar. Please click here for more information.